Lotte got orders to get upstairs and put on her pyjama's. We remove the little BTE-bags from her shoulders so that she can take her sweater etc. off, and up she goes.
Up she goes, and - after a while - down she comes down stark-naked. Talking on the stairs to us about reading. (remember, she cannot hear anything now)
We tell her to go back upstairs and get dressed... of course she comes down and comes to us... what parent can resist their little (naked) angel.... we can't..
So, we explain again what she should do. She tries to read our lips but realises she's missing too much.
Then, she picks up the CI (BTE in the bag and the coil) that we left on the table after we took it off, and puts it on. Now she can hear again.. !!
Imagine this... this little angel with the coil on her head, and the BTE dangling from it on a 6" wire. It was great and she enjoyed it as well. Picked up the second one and there she was, with a big smile...
It is the first time she has done this. Normally, in the morning, she cannot reach the BTE's and even if she does, someone has to pin them on her colothes.
Now, she just took them and "put them on"....
Tuesday, 15 May 2007
- 2012-08: Grade 5
- 2011-08: Grade 4
- 2011-03: BTE's on the ear
- 2010-08: Grade 3
- 2009-08: Grade 2
- 2008-08: Mainstream School (6y. old)
- 2006-10: All-hearing Kindergarten (4y. old)
- 2004-11-22: CI activated (27 m. old)
- 2004-10-04: Bi-lateral CI (26 m. old)
- 2003-08: Deaf/HOH/CI Pre-school/"DEAF" Kindergarten (12m. old)
- 2003-07: HA's fitted (11 m. old)
- 2003-06: Diagnosed deaf. Start sign-language (10m. old)
- 2002-11: Suspicion loss of hearing (4 m. old)
- 2002-08: Born - A fierce LION